Gajar ka halwa-
A traditional way of making delicious Gajar ka halwa without any shortcuts or tweaks. By the way, at home we
call carrot halwa as gajrela. During winters, we make Gajar ka halwa often. Its a popular dessert in north india
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 5 MIN 2
★ 1 kg carrots
★ 1 1/2 litre milk
★ 8 green cardamoms
★ 5-7 Tbsp ghee
★ 5-7 Tbsp sugar
★ 2 Tbsp raisins
★ 1 Tbsp shredded almonds
★ 2 Tbsp chopped dates
The Process Of Making Gajar ka halwa-
1. Peel and grate the carrots.
2. Simmer in milk with the cardamom till liquid evaporates.
3. Heat clarified butter in an exceedingly significant pan and add the carrot mixture.
4. Cook over a mild flame for 10-15 minutes.
5. Stir in sugar and continue cookery till the halwa turns deep ruby-red color.
6. Stir inedible fruit and serve.