A simple, easy, tasty and more importantly healthy recipe Khichdi which is mainly prepared from lentils and rice. It
is also one of the solid food recipe consumed by young toddlers or kids eat and can also be eaten when people are
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 5 MIN 2
★ Raw rice – 1 cup
★ Tur dal – 1/4 cup
★ Moong dal – 2 tbsps
★ Split green gram dal – 2 tbsps
★ Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
★ Onion – 1, medium, peeled and sliced
★ Tomato – 1, large, finely chopped
★ Green chillies – 3, slit
★ Ginger – 1/2 ” grated
★ Garlic cloves – 3, whole
★ Carrot – 1, medium, peeled and cubed
★ Potato – 1, medium, peeled and cubed
★ Green peas – fistful (optional)
★ Salt to taste
★ Water – 3 1/4 cups
★ Oil – 2 tbsps OR 1 tbsp ghee+1 tbsp oil)
★ Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
★ Cinnamon stick – 1″
★ Bay leaf – 1
★ Cloves – 5
★ Cardamom – 1
★ Cloves – 4
★ Star anise – 1
★ Curry leaves – 1 sprig
The Process Of Making Khichdi-
1. Wash the raw rice totally. Drain water and put aside. Wash the combination dal totally, drain water and put aside.
2. Heat oil in a very preparation vessel or sterilizer. Once hot turns hot, add cumin seeds and permit to splutter.
3. Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise and herb. forthwith, add curry leaves, shredded coriander stems, grated ginger, garlic cloves and red chilies. Fry for few seconds.
4. Add the sliced onions and saute till onion flip clear. Add turmeric powder and salt and blend well.
5. Add the shredded potatoes, carrots, and inexperienced peas. Cook on medium heat for five minutes.
6. Add shredded tomato and blend well. Saute with lid for eight minutes.
7. Add water and permit the water to boil. If needed modify salt at this stage by tasting the water. It ought to be salty.
8. Once the water starts to boil, add the washed and drained rice and mixed dal. Add shredded coriander leaves, if using.
9. Place lid and cook on high for three minutes. cut back flame to low and cook until the water is absorbed and therefore the masala khichdi is boiled.
10. Permit the boiled khichdi to take a seat for quarter-hour then open the lid.
11. If employing a sterilizer, place lid and pressure cook up to three whistles. once turning off the warmth, don’t open lid for ten minutes.
12. Remove the masala khichdi into a dish and serve with a side dish, food or pickle.