Learn how to make Modak . The ever favorite sweet of Lord Ganesh, Modak is looks like Indian sweet dumpling.
The sweet filling within modak consists of coconut and jagghery with outer layer of Rice flour.
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 5 MIN 2
★ one bowl grated coconut
★ 1/2 bowl sugar
★ 1/2 bowl jaggery
★ Dry fruits (almonds, raisins, pistachio, cashews) as per your choice
★ a pair of to a few tsp pure butter
★ A pinch of kesar, cardamom and nutmeg powder
★ one tsp flower seeds (Khas Khas)
★ a pair of tsp mawa (optional)
For the cover
★2 bowls rice flour
★ A pinch of salt
★ a pair of tsp of oil or butter
★Hot water as per demand
The Process Of Making Modak –
For the stuffing
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. Add flower seeds and saute for a flash.
3. Add grated coconut, sugar, jagghery (broken into little things or grated), cardamom and nutmeg powder and eachone dry fruit.
4. mix them.
5. Cook till all condition from the sugar and jaggery begins to dry.
6. It takes relating to 10 to fifteen minutes for the mixture to dry on low flame.
7. don’t cook as a result of it will harden up and lose its vogue.
8. Stir every a combine of to a few minutes till it turns golden yellow.
9. you’ll be able to add plenty of butter if the stuffing becomes too dry.
For the cover
1. Boil water.
2. Add a pinch of salt and one tsp of butter to the flour and mix it completely.
3. Add one tsp of butter among the boiling water.
4. Add the dough to the boiling water. Lower heat. Mix well.
5. cowl the vessel keep it for 5 minutes on low flame to let the rice cook.
6. Knead the dough into a sleek paste whereas not lumps.
7. you would like to knead it whereas it’s still hot. you may apply some oil or butter on your palms.
8. If you feel the dough look dry and exhausting, add some plight and still knead till the dough turns sleek.
Making the Modaks
1. Apply a pinch of oil/ghee on your palms and build little balls of the dough.
2. Flatten it to supply it the shape of a Katori or cone.
3. Press the perimeters of the Katori-shaped dough with slight pressure at each in.
4. the sides of the Katori will presently seem as if the petals of the flower.
5. place some stuffing among the Katori and shut the ends to supply them a type like recent figs or Momus.
6. Take a leaf of banana or a soft material like cloth, and apply bit oil/ghee on that and place it among the steamer pan.
7. Place all the modaks on the leaf or material and shut the lid.
8. Steam it for 5 to 6 minutes and throw the flame.
9. Your delicious modaks are able to be served.