Poha is one of the lightest and tastiest breakfast for an individual. It is easy to make and ingredients are available at
home only. It does not consume time and can be cooked within 15 minutes at max. Whenever my mother doesn’
have time to cook in the morning, she will make Poha and we all enjoy eating it!!
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 5 MIN 2
★ 1 ½ cups poha (thick to medium kind)
★ potato cubed to small size(½ cup)
★ onion finely chopped 1 medium
★ 1 to 2 green chilies
★ sprig curry leaves 1
★ Few coriander leaves chopped
★ Handful of peanuts
★ 1 ½ tbsp. oil
★ ¾ tsp mustard
★ jeera / cumin ¾ tsp
★ ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
★ Salt as needed
★ ½ to 1 tsp sugar (optional)
★ Lemon juice as needed
The Process Of Making Poha-
1. Wash poha few times and drain the water fully.
2. Put aside to dry.
3. If required sprinkle some water and permit to melt.
4. Dry roast the peanuts till nice aroma begins to come back.
5. Set these aside.
6. Heat a pan with oil and add cumin, jeera, and hing.
7. When they begin to splutter, add onions, curry leaves, and red chilies.
8. Saute till the onions flip gently pink.
9. Add cubed potatoes and saute for a min.
10. Cool and cook on an occasional heat till soft and fried fully.
11.If required will sprinkle some water and cook.
12. Once done, saute for one more minute.
13. Add turmeric and pohe.
14. Combine well and canopy the pan.
15. Cook on an occasional heat till the pohe turns hot.
16. Add coriander leaves and switch.
17. Sprinkle juice. Mix well.
18. Garnish with roast peanuts and coriander leaves.