Punjabi Dal fry-
Punjabi Dal fry laced with nice aroma of pure ghee and spices is an irresistible delight to taste buds. Serve it with
jeera rice and papad in lunch . Enjoy with your friends and family. The recipe is very easy and Punjabi Dal fry is not
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 5 MIN 2
★ 1 cup toor dal / split pigeon peas (or ¾ cup toor dal + ¼ cup moong dal)
★ 2 to 2 ¼ cups water (use more if cooking in pot)
★ Salt as needed
★ 1 ½ tbsps. ghee or oil or butter
★ ¾ tsp cumin/ jeera
★ ½ tsp mustard (optional)
★ Generous pinch of hing / asafoetida
★ 1 red chilli broken (optional)
★ 1 to 2 green chilies slit or chopped
★ onion chopped finely 1 small to medium
★ 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
★ 1 medium to large tomato chopped or pureed (optional)
★ ¼ tsp turmeric/ haldi
★ red chili powder ¼ to ½ tsp
★ ¼ tsp garam masala
★ ½ tsp coriander powder
★ ½ tsp crushed Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves
★ Handful of coriander leaves chopped finely
★ Lemon juice as needed or ½ to ¾ tsp amchur powder
The Process Of Making Punjabi Dal fry-
1. Wash toor dal sometimes till water runs clear.
2. Add water to the pot or sterilizer at the side of dal and cook on a medium heat for two whistles
3. Heat a pan with drawn butter, oil or butter. Add mustard, cumin, and red chili if victimization. after they begin to splutter, add hing.
4. Add onions and inexperienced chilies. Saute till the onions flip golden.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell burst.
6. Add tomatoes and salt. Saute on a medium flame till tomatoes flip soft.
7. Add red seasoner, garam masala, coriander powder and turmeric.
8. Saute for two minutes until the masala begins to smell smart.
9. Add the seared and mashed dal. Add water if required to bring it to a consistency.
10. Stir well and permit to cook till the dal begins to bubble well.
11. This may take concerning three to five minutes.
12. When dal reaches the required consistency, add kasuri methi and additional salt if required
13. Stir and cook for a moment.
14. Add coriander leaves and stir. turn off the stove.
15. If victimization juice rather than amchur, then squeeze it before serving. Mix well.
16. Serve dal fry with rice, roti or paratha.