Tomato Rice is a very famous South Indian instruction.Pureed tomatoes square measure sauted with
spices so additionalto rice. It is very delicious and straightforward to arrange instruction.
If you are bored of getting an equivalent previous lemon rice, then this rice instruction is a stimulating variation.
The sour flavour of tomato builds it a stimulating lunch instruction that’s terribly straightforward to create and
boosts up your mood!!
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 5 MIN 2
For The Masala Powder-
★ 2 tsp coconut oil
★ 1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
★ 1 tbsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
★ 1/4 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
★ 2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
★ 8 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
★ 2 tbsp grated dry coconut (kopra)
★ 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
★ 3/4 cup fresh tomato pulp
★ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
★ salt to taste
★ 1 tbsp coconut oil or any other refined oil
★ 2 tsp ghee
★ 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
★ 3 tbsp raw peanuts
★ 6 to 7 curry leaves (kadi patta)
★ 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
★ 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
★ 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
The Process Of Making Tomato Rice-
1. Heat the oil in a very little pan, add the urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek seeds and coriander seeds and sauté on a
medium flame for one minute.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook on a slow flame for one to two minutes, whereas stirring unceasingly.
permit the mixture to cool down slightly.
3. When cool, mix in a very mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
4. Combine the tomato pulp, turmeric powder and salt, combine well and cook on a medium flame for two to three
minutes, whereas stirring sometimes.
5. Add the ready masala powder, combine well and cook on a medium flame for a second. Keep the ingredient aside.
6. Heat the oil and drawn butter in a very broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
7. When the seeds crackle, add the peanuts and curry leaves and sauté on a slow flame for two to three minutes or
until the peanuts flip brownness in color.
8. Add the red chilies and onions, combine well and sauté on a medium flame for one more one to two minutes,
whereas stirring unceasingly.
9. Add the ingredient and a pair of tbsp of water, combine well and cook on a medium flame for one minute.
10. Add the rice and salt, combine gently and cook on a medium flame for one more two minutes, whereas stirring
11. Serve hot.