Veg dum Briyani-
I do not feel that there is anyone in this entire world who does not like Veg dum Briyani. The Process of Veg dum
Briyani is very time consuming but what you get after it is worth for it. Each bite is very much delightful and
Since it is very time consuming, people avoid making this at home but I have a easy method with which we can make
it very easily. Because of that you can cook it anytime and anywhere.
The Process of Veg dum Briyani is same as it used to be earlier. There is no difference at all. The difference that we
can consider is the difference of the flavors and that’s it! Because of the several flavors, the taste is extraordinarily
tasty!! For all the veggies another treat is there.
As a result we get the benefit of being a part of this generation because we can get the taste as well as The Process of
Veg dum Briyani from today’s generation and from the previous generation as well. As a result, I consider myself
very lucky to be a part of this.
Hyderabadi dum Briyani is very famous in whole of the country. It is a World famous dish from India native
Hyderabad. Also, the main ingredient of this recipe is Rice. Rest is all dependent on the flavors we add. This is the
reason it is different at different places.
Veg Dum Biryani is formed with the ‘Dum type of cooking’, that is beyond any doubt a crowd-favourite dish.
This change of state vogue is basically a slow change of state method,for the Process of Veg dum Briyani. Therefore,
the long-lasting Vegetarian Hyderabadi Dum Biryani reminds America of the nice Mughal era of change of state.
Also, the vegetables during this formula, square measure overdone over a really low flame in a very vast, round
bottom coated pot with only a few spices. Add the rattling tastes of deep-fried onions, ginger-garlic paste, coriander
and mint leaves, tomatoes, juice and food and you get a beautiful mix of spices and style to attain a flavorful Biryani.
The slow change of state Dum technique permits the food to slow-cook in its own juices and steam, creating it
aromatic and extremely flavorful.
As a result, for obtaining your Veg Dum Biryani completely good square measure ensuring that you just have a thick
base vessel for a change of state and seal it, therefore, heat doesn’t escape, use top quality basmati rice for 2-3 hours,
therefore, all juices square measure preoccupied by the vegetables properly. Also, don’t use an excessive amount of
curd – it’ll create the vegetable tastelessly and bland.
Preparation | Total | Servings
5 MIN 1 HR 5 MIN 2
For cooking rice
★one Cup Basmati Rice
★1 Bay Leaf (TejPatta)
★one Inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
★2-3 Cloves (Laung)
★2 Green Cardamoms (ChotiElaichi)
★1 Black Cardamom (BadiElaichi)
★2 Mace Strands (Javitri) and
★1 Teaspoon Salt to taste
For preparing the gravy
★ Large Onion, thinly sliced
★one Large Potato, diced
★1 Cup Medium Sized Cauliflower florets
★one Green Bell Pepper, chopped
★1 Large or 2 Small Carrots, chopped
★10-15 French Beans, chopped
★1/2 Cup Peas
★2 Inch Piece of Ginger
★4-5 Garlic Cloves
★3-4 Green Chillies
★one Teaspoon Black Cumin / Caraway Seeds (Shah Jeera)
★ Bay Leaf (TejPatta) 1
★2-3 Green Cardamoms (ChotiElaichi)
★1 Black Cardamom (BadiElaichi)
★1 Inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
★3-4 Cloves (Laung)
★1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
★1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
★1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
★2 Teaspoons Salt, or to taste
★1 Cup Beaten Curd and
★1/3 Cup Mint Leaves
★1/3 Cup Coriander Leaves
★7-8 Saffron Strands (Kesar)
★2 Tablespoon Warm Milk or Water
★2 Teaspoon Rose Water (Kewra), optional and
★1 Teaspoon Biryani Powder, optional
The Process Of Making Veg dum Briyani-
1. First of all Wash and rinse 1 cup of rice in water 3-4 times and Soak it in 1 cup of water for around 20 minutes.
2. Boil 2 cups of water in a pot and add bay leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves, Green Cardamom, Black Cardamom, Mace
strands and Salt.
3. Add the rice and cook it till it is 75% cooked. Do not overcook the rice as it will be cooked again later on. Drain the
excess water in a colander and gently fluff the rice with a fork.
4. While the rice are cooking prepare the vegetables. Thinly slice the onions. Boil the peas .Chop the potatoes,
capsicum, cauliflower, carrots and beans into medium sized pieces. Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
5. Heat ghee or oil in a pan or a pressure cooker and add Shah Jeera, Bay Leaf, Green Cardamom, Black Cardamom,
Cloves and Cinnamon.
6. Then add the thinly sliced onions and fry them till they are golden brown and crispy.
7. Add the ginger, garlic & green chilli paste and fry till it is cooked. Then add Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder,
Coriander Powder and Salt.
8. So add all the chopped vegetables and cook them for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add 1 cup of beaten curd to the vegetables along with 1 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook the vegetables for
around 5 minutes.
10. When the vegetables are cooked add cashews or any dry fruits of your choice to the gravy. Mix well and set the
cooked vegetables aside.
11. To prepare for assembling the biryani, chop the mint leaves and coriander leaves. Hence add 7-8 Saffron Strands
to warm milk or water and let them sit for 2-3 minutes.
12. While dividing the gravy and rice into 2 parts and add the first layer of Vegetables at the bottom of a pressure
cooker or a deep pan. Then add a layer of rice. Add half of the mint and coriander leaves while half of Saffron strands
soaked in milk. Optionally sprinkle 1 teaspoon Rose Water and probably 1/2 teaspoon of Biryani Masala on top(if
you want to do so).
13. So make the second layer of vegetables and rice. Finish with the remaining mint and coriander leaves also with
14. Futhermore there are various methods for cooking the biryani. Also, traditional way is to cover the pan with a
tight fitting lid and seal the edges with dough. The dough is difficult to clean later on so I do not prefer this method.
Instead of this you can seal the vessel tightly with aluminium foil. Or you can place a heavy lid on top.
15. Once this is done, heat a girdle / tawa and place this assembly on it.So, cook the biryani on medium heat for 10-15
16. Finally, serve the briyani.